Analyze the heuristics of the transcripts and determine how they impacted the interactions in the workplace. Additionally, determine the influence of cultural differences on the conflict. Transcript attached and previous assignment attached.
Read the following articles and be prepared to write your opinion. Based on these articles and your readings for the week, analyze the future of political fundraising in the U.S. Is there a need for further campaign finance reform? If so, what steps should be taken? Is strengthening the FEC the answer? Some argue that PAC contributions, which have been limited to $5,000 for many years, should be indexed to inflation. Others believe the growth of SuperPACs and IEs have corrupted the system, while others believe campaign spending is Free Speech (such as the Supreme Court). Can political parties still compete with outside spending groups?
- Petition: Join Ben & Jerry’s co-founder Ben: Get Big Money Out of Politics!
- Politico’s “Gay donor: Gay rights not ‘inevitable'”
- The New York Times’ “Koch Brothers’ Budget of $889 Million for 2016 Is on Par With Both Parties’ Spending”
- The New York Post’s “The Koch brothers strike back”
- The Washington Times’ “George Soros funds Ferguson protests, hopes to spur civil action”
When looking for information about a particular issue, how often do you try to resist biases toward your own point of view? This assignment asks you to engage in this aspect of critical thinking by playing the “Believing Game.” The Believing Game is about making the effort to “believe” – or at least consider – the reasons for an opposing view on an issue.
The assignment is divided into two (2) parts.
In Part I of the assignment (due Week 2), you will first read a book excerpt about critical thinking processes: “The Believing Game and How to Make Conflicting Opinions More Fruitful” at http://www.procon.org/sourcefiles/believinggame.pdf. Next, you will review the Procon.org Website in order to gather information. Then, you will engage in prewriting to examine your thoughts.
Note: In Part II of the assignment (due Week 4), you will write an essay geared towards synthesizing your ideas.
Emily is an 14-month-old toddler developing typically. She attends a for-profit childcare center full-time. Emily’s parents are divorced and she lives half-time with each parent. She has two older brothers, ages 6 and 10. Emily’s father is a plumber and her mother is a cashier at a local grocery store. Emily has begun biting other children at the childcare center. You have just been assigned to act as the lead educator in her classroom. The assistant is concerned about Emily’s biting and so are some of the parents of the other children, as she has left bite marks on two children, though the skin was not broken. During your first day in the classroom, you observe the following:
Emily is playing alone with a doll. Janesta, who is 17 months old, walks over to Emily and takes the doll Emily was playing with. Emily then bites Janesta on the arm. You swiftly pick Emily up and tell her, “We don’t bite,” and hold her in your lap for a few minutes. Then she runs to play with blocks.
Later in the day, you witness Emily walk up to a boy in the class and bite him on the shoulder, without any apparent provocation. The assistant quickly picks Emily up and moves her to the reading area and reads her a book. Emily stays there for 10 minutes, quietly turning pages.
Part 1: ABC Analysis Chart
You will use the case scenario above to develop a hypothesis as to what is the likely function of the behavior. Be sure to use your Unit 6 resources on Functional Behavior Assessment to assist you in filling out the ABC chart template in Course Documents.
A=Antecedent. What happened immediately before the behavior? Was there any event or activity that preceded the behavior?
B=Behavior. The behavior should be defined in observable, objective terms.
C=Consequence. What happened immediately following the behavior?
Function of behavior = this is your hypothesis. Using what you have learned about behavior, what is the most likely function? Is the child trying to get something, and if so, what? This could be tangibles such as access to a toy, a preferred activity or even attention. Is the child trying to escape from something, and if so, what? This could be escape from an unwanted task such as cleaning up toys.
Part 2: Behavior Change Chart
For Part 2, using your hypothesis and the information from your ABC chart, fill out the template in Course Documents and manipulate variables to determine if your hypothesis is correct in order to pick the best course of action to take with Emily. You can only manipulate one variable at a time in order to determine what would be most effective in modifying Emily’s behavior. First you will manipulate the antecedent. When you changed the antecedent (A), what do you predict will happen and why? If you do not get the desired behavior change (B), then you need to try manipulating another variable. In this case, you will then manipulate the consequence (C). What do you predict will happen with the behavior (B) and why?
Select a human life to use as a case study. This can be the life of someone you know (such as a friend or family member), or someone about whose life you can gather information (such as a scholar, artist, politician, or celebrity). If you prefer, you may select a fictional person, such as an adult character in a book, movie, etc.
The human life you select will be applied as an illustration of human development theory and concepts.
In an essay 8-10 pages in length, address the following:
- Explain how the developmental theories pertaining to physical and cognitive development are relevant to your character’s progression through the developmental stages. Discuss a minimum of two theories in your analysis.
- Explain how each of the eight stages has played out in your subject’s life and how they pertain to social aspects and relationships throughout his/her lifespan. (E.g., your subject may not have lived through the later stages of her/his own life but will have experienced those stages among family and social relationships.)
- Describe how gender and culture have impacted the human development process for your chosen subject.
Before you begin your Assignment, watch a brief video introduction to Tamika Johnson and one of her clients.
In a 3–5-page paper, analyze the implications of this case. Use the Internet and the Kaplan Library to research the legal and ethical issues presented by this situation and respond to the following questions:
1. Discuss the next steps Tamika should take in the case. Explain the reasoning for your choices.
2. Identify the various ethical dilemmas presented in this scenario.
3. Discuss the specific NOHS Standards that would apply in this situation.
4. Explore any legal issues that might be raised by this situation regarding any state or federal laws. How might this information guide Tamika’s actions?
5. Describe and discuss the mandatory reporting laws in your state. If Tamika lived in your state, would she be required to take any particular action?
6. If you were Tamika’s supervisor, what direction might you provide for her? How might her actions impact you?
7. Finally, discuss strategies to minimize the likelihood of these legal and ethical issues arising in your practice.
Please be sure to introduce the specifics of the case study in your paper, which should reflect your understanding and research of these issues.
Your Assignment should:
- Be presented in the form of a well-written university level document
- Use an essay format, 12-point font, and double spacing
- Be 3–5 pages in length, not including the title and reference pages
- Include a title page and reference page
- Including at least two references in support of your observations and conclusions using proper APA citation and reference formatting
Search the Internet for acquisitions and equity investments made by Amazon.com during the last five (5) years. Review the 10-K of Amazon.com located athttp://www.sec.gov/cgi-bin/browse-edgar?company=&match=&CIK=AMZN&filenum=&State=&Country=&SIC=&owner=exclude&Find=Find+Companies&action=getcompany.
Write a three to four (3-4) page paper in which you:
- Examine how at least three (3) growth strategy alternatives utilized by Amazon.com in the global and domestic retail markets influenced profitability, and indicate if the strategies were successful.
- Assess the financial value of the acquisitions and investments made by Amazon.com, and the influence of the acquisitions and investments on profitability during the accounting period.
- Analyze the effect of the equity investments and impairments resulting from the acquisitions and investments by Amazon.com on the financial statements, and indicate whether or not the strategy was a creatable one. Provide support for your rationale.
- Create an argument that growth in the European market can have a significant impact on current earnings and profit for Amazon.com. Provide support for your rationale.
- Use at least two (2) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Explore the Internet and Library regarding a specific human services position of your choosing (positions may include Child Protective Investigator, Targeted Case Manager, and Non-Profit Manager, for example). Write a paper about the position that addresses the following key items:
- In what types of agencies, organizations, or corporations (if applicable) would the position exist?
- What is the position title?
- What types of salaries and benefits are available to a person holding the position?
- What are the essential functions of this position?
- What types of ethical considerations arise on a regular basis for persons holding this position?
- Would a person holding the position be likely to encounter client resistance or reluctance? If so, how is resistance addressed?
- Discuss the types of diverse clientele a person holding the position commonly encounter?
- Does the position require continuing education and/or training? If so, what does this consist of?
- How might one holding this position avoid burnout or compassion fatigue?
- What types of technologies are used regularly to facilitate the position’s success? What types of demands and challenges does technology and the requirement of technical competence make on a person holding the position?
Additionally, imagine that you have an upcoming job interview for a similar position. As you prepare for your job interview, think about the questions below and add a concluding page that addresses why you would be a good candidate for the position. Use examples from your own professional life now and/or from the past:
- How would you use critical thinking in decision making and problem solving as a professional in this position?
- What are the three most important elements of personal and professional etiquette that you need to employ in this position?
- What would be your biggest communication strengths in this profession? What about your weaknesses?
- What strategies would you employ to stay on-task and on-time in this profession? How would you manage your professional goals?
Make sure your paper includes a summary and analysis of research materials that are relevant to the assignment, such as scholarly journals, professional articles, legal documents, government documents, legal decisions, media clips, software, measurement instruments Web sites, and personal communication, for example.
Explore the Internet and Library regarding a specific human services position of your choosing (positions may include Child Protective Investigator, Targeted Case Manager, and Non-Profit Manager, for example).
“Egyptian Love Poetry and Mummies” Please respond to the following, using sources under the Explore heading as the basis of your response:
- From the samples of Egyptian love poetry, identify one (1) or two (2) lines that you especially enjoy or find interesting, and compare this poetry to some aspect of modern life. Next, describe two (2) aspects of Egyptian mummification and the early Egyptians’ beliefs related to mummification that you find surprising or intriguing. These funerary practices were driven by certain Egyptian ideas of the afterlife; compare these to modern beliefs and practices.
- One page length minimum