Do you feel that Children’s Literature is able to teach children morals and values? If so, how? If not, why not?
What are some of the guidelines for preparing oral and written research reports? Which type of report would you prefer to prepare. Why? (100words)
Discuss the traditional family structure and the nontraditional family structure. How do today’s nontraditional families influence sports participation? Is this for the better or the worse? Explain your reasoning. (100 words)
Assignment: In Dr. Jody Heymann’s interview on she discusses examples of health policies that affect women and children.
Why are such global health policies put in place?
Discuss a global health policy that affects your area of discipline. Is there anything you would change about this policy?
Students, please view the “Submit a Clickable Rubric Assignment” in the Student Center.
Instructors, training on how to grade is within the Instructor Center.
Assignment 1: Evaluating Bias in Research
Due Week 3 and worth 60 points
Read the article titled, “As drug industry’s influence over research grows, so does the potential for bias,” located at http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/economy/as-drug-industrys-influence-over-research-grows-so-does-the-potential-for-bias/2012/11/24/bb64d596-1264-11e2-be82-c3411b7680a9_story.html.
Review the six (6) rules of critical thinking (Chapter 1) and the steps of “Doing Sociology: A Student’s Guide to Research” (Chapter 2).
Student Success Tip: As you review the steps, jot a few notes or thoughts down. Relax and prepare to write a concise and accurate essay.
Write a one to two (1-2) page essay in which you:
- Identify the first step in the student’s guide to research.
- Define the first step of research in your own words.
- Identify the major assumptions and bias of the drug industry that underlie drug research.
- Identify the personal bias that you, as a consumer, have on the drug industry’s influence over research.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- To keep this essay short and manageable, your only sources for the essay should be the article from The Washington Post and the sections noted in your text. For this reason, APA citations or references are not required for this assignment.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required assignment page length.
Review attached article about the scale. Then, prepare a critical analysis of the scale you chose. Address the following in your paper:
- What does the scale measure?
- What is the targeted population?
- How many items are included on the scale?
- What response type is used?
- Was it tested for reliability and validity?
- Would you consider using this scale if you were researching the keyword you used for your own dissertation? Why or why not?
Be sure to identify the database and keywords you used: ( Answer: the one used is Mental Measurment YearBook, “Employee Motivation”
Now that you have identified your capstone change project, it is time to look at its feasibility.
What tangible and intangible resources will be needed to implement your project?
What improved outcomes do you anticipate will occur that could indicate the project produced a successful return on investment (ROI) of these resources?
How will you communicate your plan for change with key decision makers so that they will support the allocation of the resources you are seeking?
Scholars do not agree about the best number of responses to use in a Likert-type scale. For example, some scholars think that a 7-point scale is better, while the attached article of Revilla, Saris, and Krosnick’s 2014 article, “Choosing the Number of Categories in Agree-Disagree Scales,” offers evidence that a 5-point response scale is better. Regardless of how many response choices are provided to the survey participant, rating scales do suffer from inherent limitations, such as:
- Researcher acquiescing to response bias.
- Researcher error in mapping the construct onto the response dimension.
A researcher must provide a rationale for how many response points are ultimately chosen for his or her survey instrument. For this discussion, imagine you are building a survey to measure employee attitudes about their benefits package. Choose either a 5-point or 7-point response scale to use, and provide your rationale as to why you chose as you did.
By successfully completing this assignment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assignment criteria:
- Competency 1: Critically analyze issues related to gender and communication.
- Distinguish between communication and gendered communication.
- Explain the impact of communication and gendered communication on personal and professional relationships.
- Competency 3: Compare and contrast both verbal and nonverbal communication differences between men and women.
- Compare personal ideas and documented ideas about communication and gendered communication.
- Competency 4: Identify effective leadership strategies which promote effective communication between men and women.
- Analyze the impact of communication and gendered communication on workplace communication.
- Competency 5: Communicate effectively in a variety of formats.
- Communicate in a concise, balanced, and organized manner, and include scholarly, high-quality resources.
Up to this point you have learned a lot about communication and gendered communication. In this assignment, you are asked to show your understanding of these concepts. For this assignment, write a 3–4 page paper in which you distinguish between communication and gendered communication, specifically focusing on:
- What the difference is between the two concepts?
- How do they affect the workplace and our personal and professional relationships?
- What role does gender play in the communication process?
Be sure to include and define (if applicable) the key items identified in chapters 1 and 2 of your Wood text.
You should use at least four resources, most of which should come from the Capella Library. Be sure to use APA formatting throughout the paper. Note: If you use Internet sources, they must to be credible. For example, Wikipedia and YouTube are not credible resources.
Course Learning Outcome(s)
- Develop IT compliance audit plans.
When establishing an audit program, the auditing committee or auditor will select those items or controls, within an organization’s IT infrastructure that will be audited. Referring back to NIST SP 800-53 and NIST SP 800-53A, controls are selected and those items which need to be reviewed are selected.
Enterprises provide services to their customers in the forms of operating systems, applications, hardware, Internet, VoIP and security. These services are provided through internal hardware you would find in a server room such as an application server, data storage, web servers, email servers, call-managers, firewalls, and security appliances that provide network based security and monitoring.
Often, there are services that are provided to an enterprise by a third party vendor or other organization such as SaaS, cloud based storage, telephony, security, web hosting, connectivity, routing and switching. Though these services are not inherent to the enterprise, there are still controls that are auditable.
When developing an audit plan, we first have to identify those items that are to be audited. Each audit looks at controls that are derived from internal and external sources. Items or controls that are internal to the enterprise are known as internal controls. These are controls that are implemented and managed locally within the organization and the enterprise.
Often, services are provided by outside vendors or third parties. Compliance is usually managed through the use of service level agreements (SLA). An SLA is a contractual agreement that the vendor or third party will adhere to a predefined set of requirements. These requirements should fall within the organizations compliance requirements. The services an organization receives from an external agency are known as inherited controls.
A key component in developing an audit plan is to identify those controls that are internal and inherited to an organization. As an auditor, you are responsible to ensure those controls that are both internal and inherited are within compliance of accrediting the system. Those items not meeting SLA requirements that may or may not be injecting any level of risk into accreditation should be reported to the client or contracting official within your organization.
An audit plan consists of various components as you have learned in your reading and lessons. A fundamental document that is the foundation of any audit is to clearly define what it is that’s going to be audited. When that’s know, the auditor can review those items to determine which controls are internal and which are inherited so that the right resources can be assigned to validating those controls.
Review the following scenario and determine if the control is internal or inherited;
XYZ Corporation has retained you to audit their enterprise and validate their compliance requirements.
XYZ Corporation has a staff of 200 employees and an IT staff of three personnel. Internal to XYZ Corp, the organization has a server room which houses network storage for proprietary data, an application server to manage applications and licenses, a web server which hosts the company’s internal and external websites, hardware firewalls and security appliances to manage and protect inbound and outbound services. The organization has contracted Python LLC to provide email, VoIP, SaaS and cloud storage services for non-proprietary data for XYZ Corp.
Based on the scenario above, determine whether the following controls are intern
differentiate between dependent and independent variables